We want to design the glasses. What do we need to do to get started?
When we begin the process, we will send you a die line in Illustrator .eps format and/or PDF format. To keep your return artwork files to a minimum size, you only need to design one frame and we will step and repeat the rest. (Please read the instructions below carefully.)
We can accept both Mac and PC files. (Our graphics dept. uses Mac OS X.)
Acceptable File Types
Adobe Photoshop CS4 or older
Adobe illustrator CS4 or older
Adobe Indesign CS4 or older
Acceptable Formats For Output: .tif, .jpg, .eps, pdf. .psd, .ai, ind.
Art and logos must be at least 300-dpi file resolution.
Acceptable Mediums For Output
1) CD-R or DVD-R (Please provide color output of design)
2) Via e-mail email@example.com (please reference your sales person’s name in the body of the email) – No files over 5 MB please.
* IF your art files are larger than 5 MB, please forward a disc to your salesperson via overnight delivery or you may use our “You Send It” link at http://dropbox.yousendit.com/WilliamChiles12510051.
Design Guidelines for Glasses
1) Glasses are cut on a common knife. The top one cuts the bottom of the next. Artwork must be the same in the common knife area to avoid bleed over onto the top of the next frame. (If you have questions or need assistance with the bleed areas, please call William Chiles, Graphics Dept. 800-767-8427 or 901-381-1515).
2) Provide 1/8" bleed reference outside die cut.
3) Keep important copy and images 1/8" away from any die cut edge and/or scores
4) Convert all font files to outline format.